One need not have any doubts about finding good lawyers in Dubai. The happening city is home to some well-established law firms and efficient lawyers. If we were to take an estimate, there must be more than a thousand lawyers in Dubai. But here’s the catch. Be it for offline or online legal advice, divorce cases or criminal cases, you need to find one ideal lawyer from this huge bunch. You can’t afford to have any room for errors when it comes to choosing a lawyer as it decides the outcome of your case or any legally associated activities. So, how do you choose the best lawyer in Dubai depending on your requirements? Well, here are some tips to help you.
5 Important Tips to Keep in Mind while Selecting Your Lawyer in Dubai
- Know under what specialty your case falls: This seems quite obvious but there’s more to this point. Let’s say you are charged for a criminal offense. Your first instinct would be to find a list of the best criminal lawyers in Dubai. Well, that’s not quite the way to go about it. You will need to know what law specialty your case comes under and then find the lawyer accordingly. For instance, a criminal lawyer can have many specialties like a private criminal defense lawyer, public defense lawyer, etc. You should approach the lawyer that pertains to the specialty of your case.
- Experience Matters: As mentioned earlier there is a large number of lawyers in Dubai and experience is one of the most important factors that helps you filter down to your suitable lawyer, no matter what the specialty is. Experience helps lawyers acquire reliable skills over time. Ergo, be it for finding criminal or divorce lawyers or even for seeking online legal advice in Dubai, you must base your search on the experience as well.
- Referrals and Reputation: Ask your friends or colleagues for a reference to lawyers they have associated with. This way you can narrow down your search based on honest opinions from them. If you come across more than one good opinion about a lawyer it means that he has earned a strong reputation over the years. Well, if that’s the case it is actually safe to take some time off to make an appointment with that particular lawyer.
- Meet and Interview your Lawyer: In order to find the best lawyers in Dubai or for that matter anywhere, you have to conduct a face-to-face meeting and interview your lawyer in order to get to know about his approach towards your case. A phone call or an online chat will not do the trick. Well, the current pandemic-stricken scenario restricts us from meeting people in-person. When that’s the case you can conduct Zoom meetings or Skype calls to get to know the lawyer better. But whatever may come, you must make sure that you converse with the shortlisted lawyer before choosing him.
- Discuss the Charges: After conversing about the various aspects of your case and his approach to the lawyer, you must make it a point to discuss the fee structure in detail. You can expect an hourly billing procedure, a lump-sum payment or a contingency payment arrangement. This will help you avoid any confusion in the future.
Well, the aforementioned were the most important points that every person can follow while choosing a lawyers in Dubai. The significant generic points have been covered but the specific pointers will depend on the characteristics of the particular case. Before winding up, here’s a suggestion. Do not make a decision that is biased by a single factor , especially cost. Take all the given necessary measures into account before choosing a lawyer for your case.